First aid for dry and sad hair: Should 911 be called because your hair needs first aid? Don’t worry, with the right care you can save your dry and sad locks. A hair treatment with argan oil can give renewed life to your hair so that it again becomes shiny, strong, and healthy.
So make room for the rescue team, because here you get the recipes for two hair cures that can breathe new life into even dry, sad, and broken hair.
Which hair treatment is the best: The one you buy or a homemade hair treatment?
There are many expensive hair cures that promise you the moon. The first few times you use the hair treatment, you may find that your hair becomes softer and smoother, but your hair will quickly feel flat and dull again.
Why does it do that?
That’s because many hair cures today consist of a number of ingredients and chemicals that make your hair soft and shiny right away – but which actually break down and wear out your hair in the long run.
And that way, an expensive hair treatment can end up doing more harm than good.
Because of that, it makes good sense to make your own hair treatment. If you do make a homemade hair treatment, then you can be sure that you are using only natural ingredients and you know exactly what your hair treatment consists of.
How to choose the right hair treatment for your hair type
Below we have gathered the recipes for three of our ultimate favorite homemade hair cures and masks to suit different hair types.
The one that is good for all hair types: Pure argan oil
One of the best hair cures you can give your hair is a hair cure consisting of nothing but pure argan oil. Argan oil moisturizes the scalp and restores balance. It is filled with essential fatty acids and vitamin E, which boosts and strengthens the hair, leaving the hair in balance with renewed shine and great voulome.
If you want to try using other oils, you can also mix coconut oil, olive oil, jojoba oil, or shea butter with the argan oil.
Here´s how you do it:
- Start by washing the hair or moistening it so that it is towel dry. The hair should preferably be moist and slightly warm before you start the hair treatment.
- Pour 2-4 tablespoons of argan oil into the hair (use more if you have very long hair) into the scalp and distribute it in the lengths.
- Once you are sure that you have distributed the oil throughout your hair, put a plastic bag, bathing cap, or scarf over your hair to keep the heat and oil.
- Let the hair cure sit for 2-4 hours or overnight if possible.
- When you need to rinse your hair treatment, it is important that you start with soap before getting your hair wet.
Tip! If necessary, heat the oil in a water bath or in the microwave before distributing it in the hair. That way, it is absorbed better into the hair strands. But be careful that the oil does not get too hot so that you burn yourself.
First aid for dry and sad hair: Argan oil, eggs, and honey!
Is your hair worn, dry, damaged, or otherwise due to hair dyeing, heat styling, or because your hair is just naturally dry? Then it is important that you make sure that your hair has the right protein balance. You can achieve this if you use hair treatment with eggs that act as a restorative protein hair treatment, while argan oil and honey provide moisture and shine.
What you need:
- 3 eggs
- 2 spoons of honey
- 2 tablespoons of pure argan oil
Here´s how you do it:
- Mix the ingredients (thoroughly) together in a bowl
- Massage the hair treatment into your damp hair. Make sure you distribute the hair treatment throughout the hair – from scalp to tip.
- Let the cure sit in the hair for at least 30 minutes (do not worry, it does not smell bad). If necessary, wrap your hair in plastic or a bathing cap to make the treatment more effective, as it keeps the heat from your scalp.
- Then rinse out the treatment with cold water. If necessary, wash your hair afterward with a mild shampoo or conditioner to get it all out. First aid for dry and dull hair.
Tip! Be sure to use cold water when rinsing out the cure so that the eggs do not start to solidify.
Buy argan oil here